A reputable IT support company is seeking a Trade Tested Underground Electrician with Mining experience based in the Pretoria area.
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to maintenance requirements
- Attend to defects raised on pre-start reports, breakdown sheets and over-inspection reports
- Provide relevant feedback to the foreman and co-workers regarding equipment performance and conditions
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical systems and components of machinery and equipment
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Maintain electrical prints and documentation.
- Clearly report details of work completion.
- Complete legislated documentation, as required.
- Prioritize tasks.
- Provide suggestions on project improvements.
- Partake in training sessions to keep up to date of equipment on site.
- Work in a healthy work environment with full support, cooperation and commitment to satisfy our operation's goal of being accident-free.
- Comply with federal and provincial acts and regulations, and legal requirements.
- Adhere to all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma in electricity (heavy current)
- Minimum 2 to years of relevant experience, ideally in the mining industry
- Must have the relevant Electrical certification to issue COC's
- Mining experience is essential
- Independent, proactive thinking and have the ability to do own job planning
- Analysis and interpretation skills
Must be available for travelling (3 to 4 days at a time, when required)
Please click the button to apply or call Nqobile on tel:0315661960 for more info.
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within a week.
Please follow us on social media or check the website regularly for updates.