A well-established national company is seeking a Branch Manager for their Nelspruit branch.
You will be responsible for management of Nelspruit staff together with the managing of existing and new accounts with regards to the sales of products which includes for the building and maintaining of relationships with all clients ensuring prompt and efficient feedback, together with the best possible service delivery.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- 5 years sales experience
- Good organization skills essential
- Good communication skills essential
- Knowledge of batteries preferred
- Ability to build and retain good relationships with others
- Ability to be able to be diplomatic and handle sensitive issues when under pressure.
- Must come from the battery industry - non negotiable
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
- Targets - set targets and ensure that approved targets are met.
- Manage sales and warehouse staff and provide them the support to perform their duties with success.
- Participating and assisting in strategy meetings and sales planning. Host weekly meetings with sales staff to discuss issues, such as, sales turn over, margins, stock issues, forecast, debtor and general issues.
- Monthly reports (including sales) - Director feedback.
- Maintain personalized contact with all major customers, acknowledging and responding appropriately to their needs, demands and preferences.
- Monitor trends in customer requirements.
- Maintain conversant with all existing and potential products that are made available from suppliers.
- Ensure on-going communication with all entities.
- Co-ordination of daily sales.
- Supporting existing and new wholesale customer accounts
- Manage "walk in" wholesale accounts
- Handling of all exports together with the relevant paperwork and export documentation.
- Ensuring that sales orders are accurately processed.
- Ensuring that the correct battery is supplied into specified application.
- Communication with the warehouse with regards to stock queries.
- Communicate with dispatch in co-ordinating urgent deliveries.
- Phone client base daily against area listings.
- Update customer data base continually.
- Advise and communicate with buyer of any stock shortages.
- Managing back orders and up-dating clients on progress with regards to ETA's.
- Ensuring good communication with all relevant departments.
- Visit customer where possible in order to ensure good on-going relationships.
- Note: Will be expected to assist with stock take as and when required.
- Adhere to the branch housekeeping rules.
- Clean your work area before the end of each day.
- Adhere to the safety rules and standards.
- Adhere to the environmental policies, procedures and practices.
- Create sales objectives through sales plan which is in support of national objectives for the company.
- Building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Maintain and expand customer base by counselling direct sales representatives.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Implement trade promotions by publishing, tracking and evaluating trade spending.
- Contribute regional sales information
- Providing recommendations to strategic plans
- Reviewing strategies.
- Preparing, submitting and completing action plans
- Ensuring quality, quantity and service are up to customer standards.
- Resolving customer complaints and solving problems.
- Identifying sales trends and reporting trends to directors
- Determining which regional sales system to implement to improve sale.
- Preparation of annual budget
- Scheduling expenditures
- Analyzing variance and reporting to Head Office
- Ensuring sales team follows correct financial procedures as implemented by Head Office.
- Scouting for potential to increase sales team
- Training staff on policies and procedures
- Monitoring performance of sales team
- Completion of annual performance appraisals for sales team
Please click the button to apply or call Ryan on tel:0315661960
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within one week. Please follow us on social media and check the website regularly for updates.