Chief Engineer: Maintenance & SHE
An opportunity exists for a Chief Engineer to over see Maintenance and SHE at a large FMCG manufacturer based in Roodepoort.
As chief engineer you will deliver an effective maintenance, safety, environment, and continuous improvement project service to Production. You will also be responsible for the formulation of strategic direction and policy with reference to general plant maintenance, Safety, Health and the Environment, steam facility training and inspection as well as manage the capital expenditure and the Continuous Improvement drive.
Requirements for the role are;
- B.Eng. (a bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering) + Department of Labour safety examination.
- technically proficient engineer with a minimum of 10 years experience from the food/processing industry.
- an enthusiastic team player who has good written and spoken English communication skills.
- A high level of IT skill is required in various IT and MS Office related tools.
- Define specific objectives for installation, repair and maintenance, in line with the company's quality standards and overall objectives
- Contribute to the assessment of potential food safety risks
- Support the planning of future expansion of equipment as well as capabilities within the department
- Manage staff
- Compile strategic policy, plan and goals for the company's Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)
- Form part / lead specific projects as specified
- Manage all CAPEX according to company policy
Please click the button to apply or call Carmel on tel:0315661960
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within one week.
Please follow us on social media and check the website regularly for updates.