Senior Cloud Engineer
Our client is currently on the hunt for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join their team.
As a team, they are down-to-earth yet ambitious, highly-skilled yet casual, friendly yet professional, strikingly different from each other yet bound by our common human values. Proactive people who thrive on change and are driven to improve themselves and others everyday are the kind of people that will love working with them.
The new addition to this team must be authentic, driven, professional and filled with purpose, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The ideal candidate should be a natural born Geek, have experience supporting networks with more than 100 users, data centers, cloud infrastructure, a good understanding of network security and a passion to stay current with new technology solutions.
Note that this position is based in Umhlanga, Durban, South Africa.
- More than 10 years of experience in a technical role with the last 3-4 years focused on Microsoft cloud solutions, having deployed projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with clients.
- Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/projects.
- Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Experience with deploying and training users on Microsoft Teams, InTune and Sharepoint
- Technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, virtualisation, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management.
- Microsoft certifications, including MCSA-O365 and MS900/MD101/MS101/MS500
- Microsoft Azure certifications in AZ103/AZ300/AZ500
- Technical experience and knowledge, in two or more data platform cloud solutions - such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Advanced analytics including Azure Data Bricks and visualization tools such as PowerBI
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Prior work experience in an architectural position, within a technology and solutions driven environment.
- Linux operating systems
- Advanced networking skills with Firewalls (Mikrotik, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet)
- Valid driver's license
- Understanding customers' overall data centre, IT and business processes, to design implementation and roll-out cloud focused solutions.
- Application of technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, creating a data platform and ensuring long term technical viability of Microsoft 365 deployments
- Ensuring solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with the customer's IT team and provide guidance to enable them to be cloud advocates
- To share insights and best practices, as well as connecting with the engineering team to identify and resolve network security matters
- Assess the customers' knowledge of the Microsoft 365 platform and overall cloud readiness, to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensuring its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other engineers in developing complex end-to-end enterprise solutions on Microsoft 365.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Be a Microsoft 365 evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- A team player, not afraid to show initiative with strong problem solving and decision making skills
- A customer-focused attitude, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a constant use of one's own initiative
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in real-time
- Passionate about keeping abreast of changes in your chosen area of technology
- The culture of imparting knowledge to co-workers, regardless of years of experience, and to constantly acquire and adopt knowledge from others
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one's own path to success within a high-performing team
- The drive to be the best in the industry in every task one undertakes
Please click the button to apply or call Renay on tel:0315661960
Follow us on social media and check the website regularly for updates.