IT Cyber Security Specialist
An opportunity exists with our client for a Senior Cyber Security Specialist to be based at their Durban offices.
Role and Responsibilities
Our Senior Security Consultant provides specialist advice to companies throughout South Africa across all areas of Information Security, Cyber Security and Technology Risk. Specialist led engagements include Cyber Security Advisory, Forensics, and Network/Application security assessments.
- Engage client with Vendor Best Practice methodologies and create required roadmaps and strategies
- Accountable for client engagement on a strategic and technical level within the information security / cyber security
- Assist clients with Information Security / Cyber security Strategy Generation
- Own, manage and recommend regional information security and cyber security strategies related to vendors, products and services
- Building additional revenue streams within the information security and cyber security division
- Engage with client on Industry best practices and alignment
- Oversee information security and cyber security for the KZN and ECP region
- Perform security assessments which include vulnerability Assessments, penetration testing, configuration reviews, network architecture review, risk assessments, etc.
- Provide incident response and forensics services including forensics data collection and processing, malware and log analysis, containment approach definition, etc.
- Assist with designing and reviewing information security policies and procedures
- Assist with designing and presenting information security awareness programs to clients
- Drive Innovation within assigned accounts
- Assist with designing and executing compliance road maps with security standards
- Interface with the Client's Project Management Office with regards to project work at your assigned clients
- 3rd party vendor management
Required Skills and qualifications
The ideal candidate will be in possession of a valid Internationally recognized Security certification
- 5+ Years working in similar position with extensive experience/exposure, knowledge and a proven track record in information security and cyber security consulting
- CASP or CISSP or CISM Certified
- CompTIA Security + / CompTIA Cyber Security Analyst + / Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- In depth understanding of NIST CSF, CIS CSC Controls and ISO framework
- In depth understanding of Data Privacy frameworks including POPIA and GDPR
- Knowledge and application IT frameworks including Cobit 4/5, SOX and ISAE3402
- In depth understanding of risk management, risk assessments and gap analysis with recommended remedial actions to address risks
- Strong knowledge in Windows, Linux, and TCP/IP protocols
- Qualys Certified Specialist
- Sophos/Carbon Black Certified Engineer
- ISO 27001 Foundations Certified
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Certified Fundamentals
Click the button to apply or call Renay on tel:0315661960
If you are shortlisted we will contact you within 1 week.
Please follow us on social media and check the website regularly for updates.