Our client, a multinational retail group is seeking a Maintenance Manager to ensure and maintain a safe work environment at all times and to ensure that the building, machinery and fixtures are maintained and remain functional at all times.
- Ensure all maintenance to the site is done timeously and is compliant to regulations and standards.
- Ensure all electrical work is conducted timeously and is compliant to regulations and standards. Ensure that all electrical work conducted is done by a qualified electrician as per rules and regulations.
- Ensure regular maintenance is conducted in areas of plumbing, electrical, lighting and the ablution facilities.
- Electric fence is maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Staff turnstiles are always accurately functioning and maintenance work is conducted as required;
- Maintenance must be conducted as the need may arise in terms of break downs or general concerns for the following:
- Trolleys; Refrigerators (Contractors); Air conditioners (Contractors); Shelving; Kitchen equipment; Furniture and Fittings, etc.
- Ensure that all reasonable requests given by Management are actioned timeously.
- Ensure that shrinkage is maintained to an acceptable level;
- Ensure that minimum wastage is adhered to at all times;
- Ordering of materials must be practical and not impulsive and should be in line with maintenance jobs.
- All jobs are supported by a completed and signed off Maintenance Requisition / Job Card;
- All Maintenance jobs received must be planned accordingly and scheduled dates to be advised to relevant department managers;
- All completed Maintenance Requisitions / Job Cards are to be filed accordingly for record purposes.
- Compliance to audit standards (internal and external).
- Ensure that storage facilities and work areas are kept neat and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that the storage facilities are in an orderly and well maintained manner.
- Ensure conformance to the Occupational Health and Safety procedures.
Identify non-conformances and put preventative measures in place.
- Matric with relevant qualification,
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in a similar environment;
- Extensive knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations Act 85 of 1993.
- Managerial experience
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and work under pressure
- Ability to be a team player and manage subordinates
Click the button to apply or call Rose on tel:0315661960 for more information.
Should you be shortlisted we will contact you within one week.
Please follow us on Social Media and check the website regularly for updates.