03 Oct Do Interviewing Differently!
Employees are the heart of every organisation and choosing the right people to work within your company is of utmost importance. By asking traditional questions, applicants are able to rehearse their answers in advance, which does not truly show whether or not they are the right fit.
When interviewing applicants, it is important to be able to identify those that are skilled, talented and innovative. This can be done by asking questions that are not usually asked.
The following 7 non-traditional questions can be asked during interviews in order to really get to know and select the right candidate for your organisation:
- How do you define success?
- When working on a team, what role do you like best?
- What’s the most adventurous or risky thing you’ve ever done?
- What kind of people do you find it hard to communicate with?
- What was your least favourite part of your last position?
- What is a hardship or problem you have faced and how did you overcome it?
- What does your morning routine look like?